Perfect with Halloween right around the corner and great for a fun recipe to try with your kids!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate whoppers
- 1 package candy eyes
- For the spider ''legs''
- 1 bag ghirardelli chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with a
baking matand set aside.
Beat the softened butter and peanut butter with a hand held mixer. Then add the sugars and beat again until fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg. In a separate bowl mix the the dry ingredients. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture.
Roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls and place on each cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Quickly press a cavity in each cookie and bake an additional 6 minutes (or until golden brown). Remove from the oven.
Add two dots of chocolate icing in the center hole. Press 2 Whoppers on top of the icing. Attach candy eyes with icing on the front Whopper and then pipe legs on the sides.
For the decorating of the eyes and legs:
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, put 1/4 tsp in the divot. Place two whoppers on top. Add a little chocolate to each candy eye
- Affix eyes with cooled, thickened melted chocolate
- Pipe chocolate legs by placing chocolate into piping bag or ziploc bag and cutting the corner