Are you craving pumpkin?
As soon as the temperature dips that's all I want... pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread and now this Food and Wine Pumpkin Tiramisu. It's a beautiful blend of pumpkin and mascarpone mousse, layered with the traditional espresso soaked lady fingers.
- 1 - 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 - 7 ounce packages dry ladyfingers
- Chocolate shavings and candied ginger for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree with the brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Add the mascarpone and 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream. Using an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin mixture at medium speed until soft peaks form; do not overbeat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the brewed coffee with 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar until it's dissolved. Dip both sides of 6 ladyfingers in the coffee and arrange them in a single layer in a 4-quart trifle dish. Spread 1 cup of the pumpkin mousse on top. Repeat the layering 5 more times, ending with a layer of the pumpkin mousse. Cover and refrigerate the tiramisu overnight.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup of cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar until soft peaks form. Dollop the whipped cream over the tiramisu, garnish with shaved chocolate and candied ginger and serve.
* Make Ahead: The tiramisu can be refrigerated for 2 days.